Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Scottish Highlands_

Two words - IN. CREDIBLE.

The Highlands by far have been the most amazing riding and scenery of the trip.. (and as I write this, I have made it all the way to Prague and nothing comes close!!).

The hills and the lakes (and lochs or whatever they're called, sorry Mel, you'l kill me.. hehe) and changing landscape is simply breathtaking!

I got so carried away on my full day riding through there that I ended up about 100kms past a turn off I was supposed to take as I followed a group of bikers through the hills. Before that though, I was travelling so slowly as I found myself having to stop every few moments for a photo!!! Check them out below and here. They don't even come close to the real thing, not within a million miles.

IMG_0009

IMG_0011

IMG_0023

IMG_2555

IMG_2567

IMG_0037

My ride on the way to the highlands wasn't so nice though.. it was the day after my first night camping, and was the first real day of riding in the rain I had.. nasty!

IMG_2551

And afterwards, I met this guy Robin, who's done something like 50,000 miles on his bike over the last 30 or so years, most of which has been touring Europe and the world!! Impressive! And I thought I had lots of stuff!!

IMG_2569

No comments: