Thursday, September 2, 2010

Amsterdam_

The world's easiest place to get to on the road, I was relaxed when I arrived.. and even more relaxed when I left... don't know why exactly............

I must admit though, having stayed right in the heart of the red light district, all the weed and sex and carry on really is just too much (geezus, I'm getting old - "carry on", what is that?), and SO geared to the tourists. But, I am a tourist, and I enjoyed it all the same!!

The place has such character, and is amazingly beautiful if you can get out of the smokey haze to find it. I spent most of my time in the Jordan area which is removed from all the craziness, and has a very Surry Hills sort of vibe, but mixed with the canals and locals makes it super cool.

Lots to see and take pics of too, and more than one way to get high... check out this guy!!

IMG_0070

 

Something that was overwhelming from the minute I arrived too was the insane about of bikes. And I don't just mean on the street.. mainly on the foot paths! Literally piles of them!!!

IMG_0098

IMG_0107

IMG_0102

IMG_0109

IMG_0113

 

And lots of other stuff going on in the streets too...

IMG_0078

IMG_0060

IMG_0086

IMG_0073

 

No comments: