Monday, July 26, 2010

I ♥ PARIS_

So excited today!! I'm off to France!! Paris no less... on the Eurostar, not the bike just yet. Can't wait to get around and see the place, and then catch up with Chris and Lauren (the besties) to crash the last weekend of their French honeymoon and see some sights, and especially watch the last day of le Tour de France 2010!

After a number of American Tourist encounters on the way and a slightly longer walk to the hostel than expected, I finally made it to Paris to chill! Love it already. It has such a cool vibe here. And all the stereotypes are SO true! Dog poo on footpath, tick. Gorgeous french women, tick. Crazy drivers, tick. Bicycles everywhere, tick. Baguettes everywhere, tick. Everyone smoking, tick. Gorgeous french women on scooters, smoking, holding a baguette and driving crazily....... TICK!! I think I'm in love.

IMG_0121

IMG_0134

IMG_0144

IMG_0139

IMG_0429

IMG_2434

IMG_0077

IMG_0086

 

Did a whole bunch of touristy things on the first couple of days (including the Catacombs, a definite recommendation!), then went to le Tour on Sunday which was so cool. We even managed to Frenchy talk our way into the grandstand near the finish line, and then into the official team area! Got some fantastic shots there!

IMG_0294

IMG_0361

IMG_0371

 

My two favourite areas in Paris were St Germain and Montemartre. SO absolutely beautiful, and seemingly far more "French" than some of the more mainstream/toursty areas. I even ordered my lunch completely in French in Montemartre!

IMG_2427

IMG_2434

IMG_2451

 

I look forward to coming back here!

See some more photos here.

No comments: