How does one be philosophical, when it does not come naturally?
I've been a little bored of my writing lately and as my lovely (and frank, thank you) friend Višnja concurs, my blog entries have become a little more of bland an account of events, rather than a detailed, quirky and hopefully interesting documentation of my thoughts, feelings and deeper aspects of my experiences.
And I know why too... I'm distracted.
Distracted about what awaits me at home... there is no one thing, and no bad things, but SO much that I have to look forward to that I am struggling to stay focussed on the now... the very amazing, and likely-to-never-happen-again-for-a-very-long-time now.
But when I think about it, as I take a long, deep, deliberately slow, make-your-yoga-teacher-proud, breath of Serbian fresh air and enter my fourth decade on this fine earth - a few grey hairs, some smile lines (sometimes known as wrinkles), a pain in my hip, and a requirement to trim nose and eyebrow hair in tow - why wouldn't I look forward to going home? Here are just a few of the things I have to look forward to:
- Spending more time with my family and friends
- Getting back into my many favourite sports.. Soccer, Ultimate, OzTag, Cycling...
- Starting back at work (yep, I'm actually looking forward to it... I miss being productive!)
- Cooking and eating all of the different types of food I have discovered in my travels (including vanilla tinted fresh lemonade!)
- Yoga of the Bikram variety
- My Princess Fiona, how I miss her..
- Learning more (drawing lessons, maybe some French or another language, and possibly even a design course of some sort...)
- Finding a girl and "settling down" (whatever that means for me!)
- Buying a dog or two
The list continues, trust me... and all that is before I even really get into ticking a few things off my bucket list!! Just a small handful of which are listed below:
- Bungee jump
- Learn to play guitar
- Hold a photography exhibition
- Own and drive a race car
- Watch a tennis grand slam grand final at Wimbledon
- Live and work in a non-English speaking country
Again, this list continues... for many pages in my notebook...
What distracts you? What are you looking forward to? And what's on your bucket list?
I'm very curious....